Banner Display Submittal
- Applications for 2017 WILL BE ACCEPTED (first-come, first served)
beginning on Monday, January 9, 2017 at 9:00 am.
Note: If the requested display date is in January 2017, please contact our office as soon as possible.
- The application for 2017 will be available to download on January 1, 2017. Please complete the application and mail or deliver to our office. Before submitting a banner application, please review the 2017 calendar to check space availability.
- A maximum number of three (3) locations can be reserved per event.
- Application with payment must be submitted to the City of York, Department of Public Works, 101 South George Street, York, PA 17401 no less than fifteen (15) business days prior to the first day of the requested display date. Please allow ten (10) business days for review and approval.
- A sketch showing the banner text and dimensions must be included with the banner application. The application will not be processed without the sketch and the application will be returned.
- An approved copy of your application will be sent to you via e-mail (if provided). If an e-mail address is not provided, the approved application will be mailed.
- If requesting the Philadelphia St. & Carlisle Ave. location, the banner will be visible only to traffic and pedestrians traveling west on Philadelphia St.
Fees & Costs
- The application/permit fee is $200.00 per requested location. Checks should be made payable to: City of York. The application will not be processed without payment. The fee includes the installation and removal of the banner.
- A partial refund of $150.00 will be returned on all refunds requested by the applicant. If the City would need to cancel your reservation, a full refund of $200.00 will be issued. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- Banner must be of mesh construction or cut-outs must be provided on cloth or canvas banners to allow passage of air.
- Banner manufacturer should be informed that the banner is for exterior use so that appropriate quality vinyl lettering is used. It is your choice to print a banner double sided.
- Banner Size: 3’ wide, 20’ to 30’ long
- Banner Finishings: Grommets: Spaced 4’ apart along top of banner
- “D” Rings: Provided on all four (4) corners
- Rope: Supplied by the City of York. Please do not bring your own rope.
Unavailable Locations & Dates
The following dates and locations are not available for banner display due to City sponsored events. All other dates of interest can be checked for availability by calling 717-849-2245. These dates are subject to change.
November 1, 2017 – February 11, 2018
April 17 – May 14, 2017
- Square, Philadelphia & Carlisle, George & Rathton
August 1 – August 31, 2017
September 1 – September 30, 2017
- Square, Market & Richland, George & Rathton
October 2 – October 31, 2017