The mission of the York City Recreation and Parks Bureau is to meet the recreation needs of York City residents by providing direction, planning and coordination of services to enhance their quality of life through year-round leisure programs and facilities that will develop and enhance the individual’s physical, emotional, mental and social well-being.
York City Recreation and Parks reserves the right to: Cancel a program for any reasonable cause. To deny registration or entry into a program when it deems necessary to assure public safety. To suspend a child from a program, with no refund, after notifying a parent of disciplinary problems. To adjust any of the program details printed in this publication or any other City publication regarding fees, locations, instructors, times, days and starting dates. Park Rules – No person or vehicle shall remain in any park between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless by permit or authorized by the Director. No person shall drive through or park a motor vehicle partially or totally on lawn areas of any park unless otherwise permitted. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in any park. No littering. No smoking. All trash must be disposed of in the proper containers. (Codified Ordinance Article 741.02) Feeding of water foul is prohibited.
- Karl L. Coughlin, Superintendent of Parks, Recreation & Sanitation
- India Banks, Operations Manager
- Hugh Ortner, Recreation Program Specialist I
- Paul Hibner, Equipment Operator II
- George Jennings, Park Utility Technician
- Chris Malanado, Parks Laborer
- Andrew Mullins, Operator II
- Chip Rodgers, City Forester Crew Leader
- Pete Rodriguez, Operator II
- Josh Santiago, Equipment Operator II
- Ray Smith, Equipment Operator II
- Artemus Walls, Equipment Operator