The Complete Communities Initiative (CCI) is a holistic approach to community and economic development designed to transform neighborhoods, promote healthy living, and generate neighborhood wealth through community outreach and engagement, strategic planning, and neighborhood revitalization.
~Nona B. Watson, Director of Economic and Community Development
Sharee D. McFadden, CCI Coordinator
Complete Communities Initiative Goals
These goals will be accomplished through enhanced and intentional collaboration among key neighborhood stakeholders, including residents, government and elected officials and community businesses and organizations.
- Through the empowerment and equipping of new and existing neighborhood associations and resident-led projects and initiatives
- With Focused efforts around infrastructure and façade improvements
- By creating and highlighting safe indoor and outdoor community spaces
- Through single property blight reduction and elimination
Promote Healthy Living
- By increasing availability of, and access to, fresh food and healthy living options
- Through incentives for food-based businesses, including corner stores
- By promoting physical activity with accessible walkways and greenways
- With increased access to available youth and family recreational spaces
- Through awareness and education around environmental sustainability
Generate Neighborhood Wealth
- By increasing access to capital for minority-owned businesses
- With opportunities for education, empowerment and enhancement of small business owners and their employees
- By creating programs and initiatives to promote and support youth-led entrepreneurialism and youth workforce development
- Through intentional policy and legislative reform in the areas of affordable housing, homeownership, business development and education
CCI Designated Neighborhoods
Each year, CCI Partners will focus collectively on three neighborhoods and the downtown district to promote neighborhood revitalization, enhance the quality of life for city residents, and create opportunities for neighborhood businesses and future entrepreneurs.
- Northeast Neighborhood Boundaries
Salem Square Neighborhood Boundaries
S. Penn Street to S. Richland Avenue
Mason Avenue to W. College Avenue (Stone Avenue)
- Hannah Penn Neighborhood Boundaries
- Downtown York Boundaries
One of the strongest components in CCI will be partnerships through authentic collaboration, both internally and externally. We will work internally with our city departments, elected officials, boards, authorities and commissions, as well as externally with residents, businesses and community organizations already working to improve their neighborhoods and fulfill their mission within our York City communities. We need “all hands-on deck” working to revitalize our neighborhoods and enhancing the quality of life for residents throughout the entire City of York.
CCI TV on White Rose Community Television (WRCTV)
Complete Communities Television Program will showcase on site interviews highlighting projects, activities, events, and great opportunities available to residents, businesses, stakeholders and individuals interested in visiting the City of York.
For more updates, stay tuned to Mayor Helfrich’s Monday Message, City of York Facebook and Instagram, and press announcements and events.
Watch CCI TV Videos
- City of York Internal CCI Presentation – Watch Video
- Complete Communities Highlight: State Street Crossing – Watch Video
- Complete Communities Highlight: Chestnut Street Revitalization Project – Watch Video
- Small Business Highlight: DesignBots Media Firm – Watch Video
- Small Business Highlight: Seven Tribes Playground – Watch Video