Residents should listen to local radio and television stations or log on to the City's website for announcements of a snow emergency.
Mayor C. Kim Bracey reminds residents of the City of York that live along a snow emergency route to move their vehicles as directed in the event a snow emergency is declared. The snow emergency routes within the City are as follows:
- MARKET STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PHILADELPHIA STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CARLISLE AVE.
- QUEEN STREET, CITY LIMIT TO ARCH STREET
- GEORGE STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PRINCESS STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- DUKE STREET, JACKSON STREET TO NORTH STREET
- WEST KING STREET, SOUTH BEAVER STREET TO SOUTH GEORGE STREETS
- BEAVER STREET, NORTH STREET TO WEST COLLEGE AVENUE
When a Snow Emergency is declared residents will need to move their vehicles from these streets. Free parking is available during a snow emergency at the following locations. If vehicles are not removed they will be towed.
- Lot # 2 – 300 block West King Street
- Lot # 3 – 150 South Duke Street
- Lot #3A – Newton & Howard
- Lot # 7 – 600 block West Mason Avenue
- Lot # 11 – Duke and Princess Street
- Lot # 12 – 700 block East Mason Avenue
- Lot #14 – Penn and St. Paul Streets
- Lot # 17 – 200 block West Market Street rear (Mason Avenue)
Mayor Bracey asks for the cooperation of all residents in moving their vehicles so City crews can plow snow in an effective manner.
For additional information please contact: