- Permits Issued: Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm
- Move time within York City Limits: 9 am to 4 pm
- Permit requests received after 4 pm will be reviewed the next business day.
- Applications must be submitted 24 HOURS in advance of intended hauling time.
- Permits that are not received within the 24 hour notification period may not be issued by the requested move date and time.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
- APPLICATIONS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED VIA FAX.
- THE APPLICATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE UNDER OVERSIZE VEHICLE DOCUMENTS.
- Applicant shall provide the City of York proof of liability insurance with a coverage limitation of not less than one million dollars.
- An application for a hauling permit shall be filed with the Department of Public Works at least 24 hours in advance of intended hauling, per Codified Ordinance, section 513.08 (a). Each application must include a valid permit issued by PennDot (if applicable). *Applicant shall provide to the City of York proof of liability insurance with a coverage limitation of not less than one million dollars, per Codified Ordinance 513.08, section (c)2.
- York City Escort Requirements: ONE VEHICLE REQUIRED if over 11’ in total width OR in excess of 75’ in length. TWO VEHICLES REQUIRED if over in BOTH width (11’) and length (75’) – Per City of York Codified Ordinance §513.08, section (f)6.
Fees & Costs
- $50.00 PERMIT FEE/MOVEMENT * PLUS: Fifty [$.50] for each 1,000 pounds (or fraction thereof) over & above 80,000 pounds gross vehicle weight per movement – Per City of York Codified Ordinance §513.08, section (c)3.
- The permit is valid for five (5) calendar) days after the date of issuance Per City of York Codified Ordinance §513.08, section (c)4.
- Upon receipt of the application, an automatic e-mail reply will be sent to all applicants giving further instructions.
- A certificate of insurance naming the City of York as the insured must be provided.