The City of York manages 3 parking garages and 11 parking lots that are available for daily and monthly parking.Find Garage
Pay your parking ticket quickly online or by phone 717-983-3094. Service fee for payments made online and by phone.Pay Your Parking Ticket
There are 1000+ metered parking spaces located throughout the City of York. All meters have a 2-hour time limit from 8am-5pm.View On-Street Parking
News and Alerts
- City-wide Street Cleaning is scheduled to resume March 15, 2022 beginning at Midnight. March 15th is the 3rd Tuesday of the Month (Weather Permitting). Residents are encouraged to follow the signage posted on their respective streets. For any inquiries, please contact the York City Parking Bureau at 717-849-2230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Street Sweeping will be suspended for April 15th and April 16 (the 3rd Friday & 3rd Saturday) in observance of Good Friday.
- City Hall will be open by appointment only beginning December 23, 2021. For parking related questions or permit requests, we encourage the public to email us a email@example.com. Parking Ticket Disputes can be submitted by going to the Parking Ticket Payment page and clicking the link for complete the dispute for at the bottom of the page. Payments can be made online at the Parking Ticket Payment page using the blue/gray icon, by phone at 717-983-3094 using the automated system, or submitting a check to City Hall at 101 S. George St. There is a white mailbox on the Court St. side where payment can be dropped after hours. A convenience fee is applied for paying online or the automated phone system.
Parking Permits & Services
Parking Permit Requests, Traffic Disputes, Requests to Reserve Parking Meters, and other services can submitted online through the OpenGov Citizens Portal. Click the OpenGov image below to proceed to the Portal.
City-wide street sweeping will resume on March 15, 2022 at Midnight (weather permitting). The first route swept will be posted for the 3rd Tuesday, 12:00am to 6:00am. Please view the City-Wide street sweeping schedule and for the streets that are on the Year-Round schedule.
Residents are asked not to park during the times indicated on the street signs. The fine for violating “No Parking Specified Hours” is $40.00.Street Sweeping Schedule Year-Round Street Cleaning List
Applications for Residential Parking for People with Disabilities and Disabled Veterans can be submitted to the York City Parking Bureau. Initial review will be completed upon receipt of the completed application and required documents. Final review of submitted applications will be conducted by the Traffic Safety Committee during their meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
There is a $50.00 application fee which will be due upon approval of your application.
If sending payment by mail, please pay in the form of a check or money order. Walk-in payments may be made in the form of cash, check, money order, and credit card. All checks and money orders should be made out to the City of York, PA.
Please submit your completed application, copy of handicap placard, and physician’s statement to the York City Parking Bureau, (Attention) Residential Parking for People with Disabilities, 101 S. George St, York, PA 17401. Additionally, applicants must include a photocopy of the following:
- Vehicle Registration
- Applicant’s or Designated Driver’s PA Drivers License
- Person with Disabilities or Disabled Veterans Identification Card
You will be notified in writing as to whether your application has been approved or denied. Questions related to this application may be directed to York City Parking at 717-849-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application can be accessed below.Handicap Parking Application
Monthly Parking and Park & Shop
Get all the details about our monthly rates and programs that The City of York Parking Bureau has to offer.View Details
If you are serving on a jury for a civil or criminal case, you may use any of the three garages for parking.View Interactive Map
York State Fair Parking Permits
The City of York provides 24-hour parking permits free of charge for residents living in areas to be affected by annual York State Fair.York State Fair Residential Parking
Parking Tax Forms
Per Article 338 of the codified ordinance, a tax has been imposed for each parking transaction at a non-residential parking facility. The current tax is 15%. The required forms for reporting and payment are below.2021 Parking Tax Application 2021 1st Quarter Return Form 2021 2nd Quarter Return Form 2021 3rd Quarter Return Form 2021 4th Quarter Return Form
We want to make your experience with The City of York Parking Bureau an enjoyable one! If you are unable to find something on our page you may the answer on our FAQ’s page.View Parking FAQ's