York City provides 24-hour parking permits for residents living in areas to be affected by the annual York State Fair. Visitors can also be provided with permits. Typically, visitors permits are limited to 3 per household unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please contact the York City Parking Bureau at (717) 849-2230 if there are any questions.
The Requirements for Obtaining Fair Parking Permits:
- Proof of Residency
- Registration card for each vehicle receiving a permit
- Valid Driver’s License
All Resident’s living within the established area must display permit on the Driver’s Side Rear window of their car or motorcycle to avoid a parking ticket. Permits are only valid within one block of the of the permit holder’s residence.
Street sweeping in the residential fair area will be suspended during the York State Fair.
Permits will be distributed from the last week in June until final day of the Fair and will be distributed from City Hall at 101 S. George St. weekdays from 8am-5pm and from the Police Dept at 50 W. King St. weekdays from 5pm-10pm.
Please note that the York State Fair will be held from July 24 thru August 2 beginning in 2020. Parking permits will be made available June 29, 2020. For more information on the change of the Fair Date, please see the article below.View Article
Permits Are Available for The Following Addresses Affected by The Fair
- 600, 700, 800, 900 blocks of Linden Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Maryland Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Florida Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Texas Avenue
- 800 block of Fern Place
- 200 block of North Richland Avenue
- 800 block of Delaware Avenue
- 1000 block of West King Street
- 1000 block of West Poplar Street
- 700 block of West Philadelphia Street
- 200 block of Smyser Alley
- 900 block of Clayton Avenue
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of North Belvidere Avenue
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of Carlisle Ave
- 600, 700, 800, 900 blocks of Madison Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue
- 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of North Hawthorne Street