What Are the Parking Meter Hours?
- All parking meters will be enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There is a 2 hour limit for parking meters.
- Parking meters located in the “Retail Zone” shall also be enforced Saturday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. There is a 2 hour limit for parking meters.
- Meter parking is free on Sundays and holidays observed by the City of York.
- The “Retail Zone” is: George Street between King Street and North Street Beaver Street between King Street and Gas Avenue Market Street between Duke Street and Pershing Avenue Philadelphia Street between Duke Street and Pershing Avenue
- Meters are marked with the hours of operation and enforcement.
Do You Have to Pay to Park on The Street?
Yes. The downtown area has parking meters for on-street parking. All parking meters will be enforced: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There is a 2 hour limit for all parking meters.
- Free on Sundays
- Free on holidays observed by the City of York
What Holidays Are Recognized by York City?
York City does not follow the same schedule as the York County Government and recognizes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
PLEASE NOTE: The City will be in operation for Columbus Day, Election Day, and Veteran’s Day. The Parking Bureau will operate as normal from 8am-5pm on those days for the meters, until 6:30pm at the garages, and 630pm for enforcement.
What Hours Are the Parking Lots Available for Public Parking?
The parking lots are designated for permit only parking Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. However, the public may park in any of the parking lots from 5pm-8am during the weekdays, Saturday and Sunday.
What Are the Hours of Operation for The Parking Garages?
The charges for the parking garage are in effect from 8am-6:30pm, Monday through Friday. If you enter the garage during these hours you will be charged upon exit.
Where Can I Report Problems with Garages, Lots, or Meters?
To report problems with garages, lots, or meters please call the City of York Parking Bureau at 717-849-2321, Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. There is a call button on the exit machines that will route to a call center if assistance is needed at the garages when exiting.
Are There Discounted Monthly Rates Available for Students and Residents?
Yes. There is a student discount offered for parking in Lot 9 across from William Penn.