Permits are required to be submitted online.
You must apply for permits online at: PERMITS.
Uniform Construction Code AND; Non-Uniform Construction Code Applications
All permit applications are now submitted online. Click on this link: PERMITS and it will take you to the site to complete your permit application. If you are requesting a permit for a tenant occupied property, the license must be current in order to receive a permit.
LERTA & ReTAP Applications
Applications for LERTA or ReTAP must be submitted at the time permits are issued. Please make sure that you have your current assessment card or tax bill when submitting the application.
- Residential Electrical Load Calculation Sheet 2014 4/2/2014
- Affidavit of Exemption 12/10/18
- Appeal Application, Construction Board of Adjustment & Appeals 2/15/2013
- R-3 Certificate of Occupancy Checklist
- Consolidated Board Of Appeals Application (Blight, Property Maintenance Code, Nuisance Abatement)12/10/18
- Construction Sidewalk Closure Application 12/10/18
- Curb & Sidewalk Bond Application 2/18/2013
- Right-of-Way Vacation Application 3/19/2013
- Neighborhood Improvement Ordinance Ticket Appeal Application 12/10/18
- PEDDLER APPLICATION FF
- Special Event Health License Instructions 1/2019
- Special Event Health License Application 1/2019
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit 2018
- Site Plan Example 2/18/2013
- Storm Water Management Guide & Permit Application 3/14/2013
- Subdivision & Land Development Approval Application
- Uniform Construction Code Appeal Application (NOT ACCESSIBILITY) 12/10/18
- Zoning Determination Request Form
- Zoning Hearing Board Application
Building and Construction Codes in the City of York**
When codes are adopted and become part of the law, certain agencies within the government are appointed to oversee the application of and compliance with the codes. In the City of York, Building Official and his staff are responsible to oversee the proper application and enforcement of:
- New Construction (Both Commercial and Residential)- 2018 International Building Code along with Appendices B, C, D, E, F, H and J, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Residential Construction – 2018 International Residential Code along with Appendices A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Existing Building Code – 2018 International Existing Building Code along with The Appendix, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Fire Code – 2018 International Fire Code along with Appendices B, C, D, E, F and G, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Plumbing Code – 2018 International Plumbing Code along with Appendices B, C, D, E, F and G, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Mechanical Code – 20189 International Mechanical Code along with Appendix A, as published by the International Codes Council.
- Fuel Gas Code – 2018 International Fuel Gas Code along with Appendices A, B, C and D, as adopted by the International Codes Council.
*To view these documents please visit www.ICCsafe.org
PLATFORM FOR PERMIT APPLICATIONS
You must use the link below to apply for UCC PERMITS, DEMOLITION AGREEMENTS, CURB AND SIDEWALK, YARD SALE, ELECTRICAL TURN ON, DUMPSTER, MECHANICAL DEVICE LICENSES, PLUMBER’S LICENSES, AND CURB & SIDEWALK PERMITS:
PA UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE ADOPTS UPDATED CODES
2018 International Building Code
2018 International Existing Building Code
2017 ANSI/ICC A117.1
2018 International Fuel Gas Code
2018 International Mechanical Code
2018 International Plumbing Code
2017 NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
2018 International Residential Code
2018 International Fire Code
Any standards referenced by these adopted codes follow whatever year is noted in the referenced standards section of that code.
All permit applications must be completed online at PERMITS.
- City of York Building Codes
- When Are Plans Required For Residential Construction?
- When Do I Need a Certificate of Use and Occupancy?
- Commercial Plan Submission Requirements 4/1/2013
- Requirements For Special Events
- Requirements For Zoning Hearing Board of Appeal Application
- Penality For Working Without A Permit
- Permit & Zoning Fees 2/19/2013(UPDATED 12/1818
- Swimming Pool Regulations
- Subdivision & Land Development Fee Schedule
- Health License Fee Schedule
- 2011 City of York Zoning Map 9/14/2011
- International Residential Code Footing and Foundation Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Framing Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Drywall Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Fuel Gas Piping Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Underfloor Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Re-Roof Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Building Final Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Roof Shearwall Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- International Residential Code Deck Inspection Checklist 2/18/2013
- Fire Alarm Acceptance Checklist 2/18/2013