- Kids Countdown inside Central Market– 5 to 8 pm, with complimentary hats and noisemakers, family-friendly entertainment including a kids dance party with DJ, photo backdrops and props, glitter tattoos, face painting, magician, music by Mark DeRose (two shows inside MarketView Arts across the street), and a balloon drop countdown.
- Select Central Market vendors will be open with food and beverages for sale. A few food vendors will also be located along Beaver Street by the Central Market doors.
- WARM 103.3’s Liz Bell and Chris Tyler will serve as MCs inside Central Market.
- NEW FOR 2017: At 10 pm, a D.J./Dance Party will take place at Continental Square. Share your playlist suggestions on Facebook and Twitter using the #NYEyorkplaylist hashtag.
- UPDATE (Jan 3): Due to the frigid temperatures predicted for New Year’s Eve, the planned performances by the White Rose Figure Skating Club were postponed until Downtown Inc’s January First Friday event. However, with the temperatures and wind chills continuing to be dangerously cold, the decision has been made to postpone again. Please watch our Facebook page for an announcement on a rescheduled date and time. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank You To Our Generous Co-Sponsors
Check our Facebook page for information on entertainment taking place in other locations downtown.
- Reminder: Pets Are Prohibited at York City Special Events
- Parking garages and meters will be free.
- Market Street from Beaver to Duke will be closed from 9 p.m. on December 31 until approximately 1 a.m. on January 1
- George Street from Philadelphia to King will be closed from 9 p.m. on December 31 until approximately 1 a.m. on January 1
- Parking will be restricted in that area beginning at 7 p.m.