DATE: Saturday, December 7, 2019
TIME: 12:00 Noon – 7:00 PM
This is a rain-or-shine event.
(Some related downtown events will be starting earlier and ending later)
Spend the day in downtown York enjoying a variety of FREE family-friendly activities.
Scroll below to download a map and schedule of events. Please note that schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances and the weather forecast.
2018 highlights included:
- Scavenger hunt (with prizes!) in multiple locations (12 noon to 5 p.m.) — pick up form on the NW corner of Continental Square
- Holiday entertainment, workshops, and tours
- Matinee and evening movies in the Capitol Theatre (Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer showing 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m.)
- Hands-on art activities, face painting, balloon twists (12 noon to 4 p.m.)
- Miniature Railroad Club of York will have a Thomas display at the Rex/Laurel Fire Co. (12 noon to 4 p.m.)
- Gingerbread-themed Escape Room at the Rex/Laurel Fire Co. (12 noon to 4 p.m.)
- Human Snow Globe photo station at the Studio (Appell Center) (12 noon to 4 p.m.)
- Photos with Santa at Martin Library (1 to 4 p.m.; must be in line by 3:30 p.m.)
- Live reindeer available for photos in first block of East Market Street (3 to 5 p.m.)
- Pony rides and photos with Curious Little Playhouse in first block of East Market Street (ends 7 p.m.)
- Holiday Flea in Cherry Lane (12 noon to 5 p.m.)
- Lighting of the York City Christmas Tree (ceremony begins 5 p.m.)
- … AND MORE!
Events are FREE and open to the public thanks to our generous sponsors. Marketing opportunities are still available for this event.
The 2017 Light Up York was brought to you thanks to funding from the Cultural Alliance of York County, fueling the creative energy and vibrancy of our community through its financial investment in eight partner agencies and the Creative Impact Awards that bring arts and culture experiences to the lives of thousands of people in our community each year.
Tree lighting ceremony begins at 5 p.m.
Event MCs: Liz Bell and Chris Tyler of WARM 103.3
The City of York thanks Robin Hildebrand for donating the 2018 Continental Square Christmas Tree and Kinsley Construction for donating removal and delivery services.
Events will take place in and around Continental Square in Downtown York, PA (intersection of Market and George Streets)
For GPS directions:
Philadelphia Street Parking Garage: 25 West Philadelphia Street, York, PA 17401
King Street Parking Garage: 15 West King Street, York, PA 17401
Parking is FREE in York City garages on Saturday. Please note that meters are enforced in the Business District until 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors:
POWDER MILL FOUNDATION
- To receive updates, please like our page on Facebook or follow @YorkCityEvents on Twitter.
- For more information, please email email@example.com or call 717-849-2217 (recorded info line).
- Reminder: Pets are prohibited within York City Special Event areas. Please do not bring pets with you.
- Please note the following parking and travel restrictions:
Market Street from Beaver to Duke Streets
George Street from King to Philadelphia Streets
No Parking after 1 p.m. (parking meters are in effect in the Business District)
Streets closed to traffic beginning 3 p.m.
- 2018 Light Up York Map & Schedule of Events (REVISED 11/29/18)
- 2018 Facebook Invitation
- 2018 poster to print and share