Friday, September 29, 2017
The Bike Night parade, sponsored by Stambaugh Law, leaves from the York Expo Center at 6pm (staging begins 4:30pm).
Note: Motorcycles should enter the Carlisle Avenue gate and will leave through the Madison Avenue gate. There is no charge if you would like to participate in the general admission section of the parade.
The Bike Night street party (parade, live entertainment at multiple locations, food vendors, information displays, and more) takes place in and around Continental Square and Royal Square in Downtown York City. Enjoy musical entertainment by Smokin Gunnz, the York College Rock Band, and Ian Carroll. Visual comedian Pete Geist will be roaming throughout the evening. FREE face painting, balloon twists, and caricatures will be available in the first block of East Market Street.
This year’s theme is “To Protect And To Serve” and we are seeking military, police, fire, EMT, and first responders to display their motorcycle on Continental Square after riding it in the parade. Top vote-getters will receive a People’s Choice trophy. All applicants will receive a souvenir t-shirt and pin. Application deadline for People’s Choice entries is Friday, August 25. Please scroll down below to download the application.
Exhibits for 2017 include:
- Keystone Collective Art & Bike Show: Visit The Bond on the corner of Queen and King Streets to view custom hand painted bikes and international artwork, curated by Jeremy Bievenour
- Bike Night attendees are invited to try out the Harley-Davidson® JUMPSTART™ Rider Experience, located at Continental Square, courtesy of 1st Capital Harley-Davidson. No knowledge or motorcycle experience necessary.
- PennDOT’s Live Free Ride Alive tent will again be set up in the first block of South George Street.
- Check out the new 2018 Harley-Davidson® models on display in Continental Square.
The design for this year’s souvenir t-shirt, sponsored by Dale E. Anstine Personal Injury Attorneys, is shown below. The City of York thanks Amanda Weidman for this year’s design.
Food vendors are by invitation only.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
PLEASE NOTE: NO PETS PERMITTED WITHIN EVENT AREA
- The following streets will be closed beginning 5PM until the event concludes:
- Market Street from Pershing to Duke
- George Street from King to Philadelphia will be closing at 1:30 p.m. for setup of the Live Free Ride Alive display
- Beaver Street from King to Philadelphia
- Parking restrictions will begin at 1PM
- Parking will be available on surrounding streets and in the Philadelphia and King Street garages at no charge.