Banner Application Instructions
- Banner display at York City designated locations, is permitted for non-profit organizations ONLY.
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- A maximum number of three (3) locations can be reserved per event.
- A sketch showing the banner text and dimensions must be uploaded in the space provided. The application will not be processed without the sketch and the application will be returned.
- The approved permit will be sent to you via e-mail (if provided). If an e-mail address is not provided, the approved application will be mailed.
Banner Display Season
April 1st – October 31st
Banner Permits WILL NOT be issued during the following months:
Banner Display Locations
- Continental Square
- George St. & Rathton Road
- Market St. & Richland Ave.
- Philadelphia St. & Carlisle Ave.
*If requesting the Philadelphia St. & Carlisle Ave. location, the banner will be visible only to traffic and pedestrians traveling west on Philadelphia St.
Fees & Costs
- The application/permit fee is $200.00 per requested location.
- Upon approval, an invoice will be sent for payment.
- Checks should be made payable to: City of York.
- The fee includes the installation and removal of the banner.
- Payment is due within in ten (10) business days from receipt of the notification.
- If payment is not received within ten (10) business days, your banner display location will be canceled.
- A partial refund of $150.00 will be returned on all refunds requested by the applicant. If the City would need to cancel your reservation, a full refund will be issued. Please allow 30 days for processing.