The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for 6:00am-4:00pm on Monday, December 14th for our region. While total accumulations of only 1-2 inches of wet snow are expected tomorrow, some outlets are predicting substantial snow fall amounts later in the week. Please monitor reputable sources, such as the National Weather Service, to stay up to date with weather forecasts.
The City of York wishes to remind residents of protocol for snow emergencies declared in the city. Before and during a major snow event, residents should stay tuned to media outlets, the City of York website, and the City of York Facebook page to be notified if a snow emergency is declared. A snow emergency has not currently been declared. This is general information being provided to remind residents of protocol.
Residents that live along a snow emergency route are reminded to move their vehicles as directed in the event a snow emergency is declared. The snow emergency routes within the City are as follows:
- MARKET STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PHILADELPHIA STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CARLISLE AVE.
- QUEEN STREET, CITY LIMIT TO ARCH STREET
- GEORGE STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PRINCESS STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- DUKE STREET, JACKSON STREET TO NORTH STREET
- WEST KING STREET, SOUTH BEAVER STREET TO SOUTH GEORGE STREETS
- BEAVER STREET, NORTH STREET TO WEST COLLEGE AVENUE
When a snow emergency is declared residents will need to move their vehicles from these streets. Free parking is available during a snow emergency at the following locations. If vehicles are not removed they will be towed.
- Lot # 2 – 300 block West King Street
- Lot # 3 – 150 South Duke Street
- Lot #3A – Newton & Howard
- Lot # 7 – 600 block West Mason Avenue
- Lot # 11 – Duke and Princess Street
- Lot # 12 – 700 block East Mason Avenue
- Lot #14 – Penn and St. Paul Streets
- Lot # 17 – 200 block West Market Street rear (Mason Avenue)
We ask for the cooperation of all residents in moving their vehicles so city crews can plow snow in an effective manner.