CRITICAL WINTER STORM TOBY UPDATE
(March 21st, 2018) York, Pa – In an effort to update our residents, businesses, and commuters on the state of the City of York we provide the following as an update:
– The City of York is operating under a Snow Emergency until further notice. We anticipate the Snow Emergency will be in effect until at least 12:00pm tomorrow. We will notify residents via press release, social media, and the City of York website when the Snow Emergency is lifted.
– Parking on Snow Emergency Routes is PROHIBITED until the Snow Emergency is lifted. All City of York parking garages and lots are available for free parking.
– York City Hall will be operating on a delayed schedule tomorrow (3/22/2018) and will open to the public at 12:00pm.
– Residents are reminded that, per city ordinance, they are NOT to save shoveled out parking spaces with furniture, cones, or any other items.
– Street Sweeping is cancelled until next week. Street Sweeping will resume next week beginning with streets marked for the “4th Tuesday” street sweeping route.
– Republic Services refuse pickup is operating on a delayed schedule. For more information and full schedule please see the “news” section on the City of York website.
Snow has fallen consistently since 5:00am and accumulated rapidly throughout the day. Our public works crews have been working diligently to clear our streets. We ask for your patience and assistance as they complete their work over the next several hours and into tomorrow morning.
Further updates will be released via our website and through social media channels.