Special Event Permit Requirements for National Night Out

The City of York Announces Special Event Permit Requirements for National Night Out

With National Night Out quickly approaching, the City of York announces the following information to inform the public of when a special event permit may be needed for any events where food is distributed to the general public.

City of York Special Event Permit Information

National Night Out is scheduled for Tuesday, August 6th. If you plan to offer ANY food to the public you must apply for a special event permit at the City of York’s Bureau of Permits, Planning & Zoning. The fee is $35.00.

Dinner Sales – ALL FOOD offered to the general public must be provided from a licensed kitchen AND a special event permit needs to be applied for at the City of York’s Bureau of Permits, Planning & Zoning. Cooking from a residential home is not permitted and may result in a citation for violation of the Pennsylvania Food Code.

Food may include, but is not limited to:

  • Bottled water
  • Prepackaged food and candies
  • Food given away for free or for profit


***Anytime you offer food or drinks to the general public, even if the food provided is free, a permit will be required.***

Special events permits must be obtained no less than one week prior to the scheduled event. The Health Officer reserves the right to deny applications submitted less than a week prior to any scheduled event. 

Permits may be obtained at York City Hall – 101 South George Street, York, PA 17401, on the first floor in Permits, Planning & Zoning or at:

Download: Application For A Temporary Food Service Permit 

For additional information, please to contact the City of York’s Health & Sanitation Officer, Tamika L. Rascoe, at (717) 845-2124 or email at TRascoe@yorkcity.orgwith any questions you may have.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for working with us for a better York!

View Full Press Release Temporary Food Service Permit Application

Search City of York