Today the City of York announces a donation program of previous-generation desktop computers to York City not-for-profit organizations.
The City of York has a number of previous-generation desktop computers with minimal value on the open market. We are making those desktop computers available to not-for-profit organizations in the City of York at no cost to the organization.
The desktop computers will come preloaded with the Windows 7 operating system. The City of York does not warranty the computer’s function, performance, or longevity. The City of York accepts no responsibility for maintenance or troubleshooting of the computers. The City of York IT Department will not field questions regarding specifications, set-up, or support. Computers are transferred to organizations on an “as-is” basis and no ongoing support will be provided to organizations accepting the device.
- Organizations must be located in the City of York.
- Organizations may request no more than 3 desktop computers.
- Pick-up must be done at the selected date/time, no other arrangements for pickup will be made.
- Computers are available on a first come, first serve basis to not-for-profit organizations.
- No requests for computers will be taken via phone, email, or in-person. The form must be completed.
- Website form will close once all computers have been claimed.
- Requests must be submitted by August 10th for pick-up August 12th, 13th, 14th.
Interested in participating in this program? Please fill out the form at: https://go.citygro.ws/yorkcity/desktop-computer-request