On Thursday, May 13th, OHUB Futures, The Fortress Academy and Grit are hosting the 2nd annual New Jobs Forum: Breaking Barriers, Bias & Backwardness. This is the perfect experience for anyone who wants to learn more about how they can take advantage of immediate opportunities in the technology ecosystem, the fourth industrial revolution and beyond.
Black Americans are predicted to lose 4.5 million jobs because of automation. 1.1 million fewer Black and Latinx Americans work in tech than if the tech workforce mirrored the U.S. workforce. Tech’s racial equity gap is costing Black & Latinx workers $50B a year.
Special Events and Guests Include
- An exciting conversation with “Coded Bias” Film Director and Producer, Shalini Kantayya, and a private screening of the film.
- Mayor Michael Helfrich, City of York Pennsylvania
- John McElligot, Vice Chairman of OHUB Futures & Founder and Chief Executive Officer of York Exponential
- Pastor Jamal Harrison Bryant, American Minister and Author
- Kate Wittels, HR&A Partner and Urban Development expert
- Learn about OHUB’s upskilling programs in Full Stack Software Development; Technology & Software Sales; Cybersecurity Specialist, Robotic Technician, and more!
- Updates and announcements about the OHUBxCampus Initiative, GRIT’s crowdfunding campaigns, and the latest progress on the York 2.0 Innovation & Equity District in York, PA
- Special Trillionaire Thursday hosted by New Birth Cathedral with OHUB’s Executive Chairman & CEO Rodney Sampson, as the guest speaker.
New Jobs Forum will present definitive solutions.RSVP Today!