Due to dangerous temperatures and windchills forecasted in York County over the next few days, there will not be any curbside trash collections by Republic Services in York City on Thursday, January 31st and Friday, February 1st.
Double bag limits will be accepted from York City curbside customers on Monday, February 4th and Tuesday, February 6th.
In addition, York City refuse customers are asked to be patient and to make special efforts during winter’s harsh weather. Properly prepare all items placed for collection. Trash collection in good weather is a tough job. Wind, rain, snow and ice present many additional challenges for collection crews, often resulting in sprains and similar injuries, frostbite and even worse. Further, collections in inclement weather will take longer and crews begin work as early as 6 a.m. and may be collecting as late as 9 p.m.
What You Can Do To Help…
- Place all trash in securely tied, heavy-mil bags (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds) or place tied bags in trash cans with tight fitting lids (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds).
- In case of snow, it is recommended that customers use dark colored bags so they are visible against snow covered ground.
- Uncover and clear a path to all items.
- In cases of heavy snow accumulation, place items on top of, or in front of snow piles directly along the collection route, so they are easily accessible by collection crews.
- In case of wind, consider using tied trash bags instead of trash cans that may blow into the streets before or after being emptied.
- Do not place unscheduled large-items or trash in excess of your bag limit. They will not be collected.
- Be sure all items are placed at the pick-up point by 6 a.m. the day of collection. Crews begin at 6 a.m. and will not return for items that are set out late.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
P: (717) 849-2245