On Saturday, September 28th, 2019, The York White Rose Run will be held from 8am to at 9:30am. As a result, the first block of N. Beaver Street will be closed at 7:30 am to accommodate the start of the race and will immediately reopen around 8am. Various streets will be closed fully or partially throughout the course by either barricades or professional flaggers. These streets will reopen as the last runner passes through. The route begins on N. Beaver St and continues thru downtown, Farquhar Park and Fireside areas. The race concludes in the 100 block of N. Beaver St. which will be closed to traffic between Gas and Phila Streets from 8am until approximately 10am.
- Beaver St. from Jefferson to College Ave.
- College Ave from Beaver to Thackston Lane
- S. Newberry St from Princess to Market St.
- Market St from Newberry to Hartley St.
- Hartley St from Market to Linden
- Linden from Hartley to Elm St….and the cross street of Roosevelt Ave.
- Elm St from Linden to Maryland Ave….and the cross St of Penna Ave.
- Maryland Ave. onto Atlantic and into Fireside-Kelly Rd, Priority Rd, Carl St.
- Parkway Blvd from Carl to Newberry St….and the cross street of Penna Ave.
- Penna Ave will be closed from Willis Run Rd to Roosevelt Ave.
- Newberry St from Madison to Park St
- Madison Ave from Newberry to N. Penn St
- N. Penn St from Madison to Park St.
- Park St from Penn St to Newberry St.
- Jefferson Ave from Newberry St to Beaver St.
Motorists are encouraged to exercise patience and use extra caution in this area due to the large number of participants attending this event