FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: PUBLIC WORKS
YORK CITY COLLECTIONS SCHEDULE – February 8th to February 10th
Due to dangerous road conditions in York County on Wednesday, February 7th, all collections by Republic Services will be completed on a one-day delay for the remainder of this week.
York City customers are reminded that there will be NO collections on Thursday, February 8th.
>> Customers in the Monday/Thursday Refuse District will have a 1-day delay of normal Trash collection with normal bag limits on Friday, February 9th.
>> Customers in the Tuesday/Friday Refuse District will have a 1-day delay of normal Trash collection with normal bag limits on Saturday, February 10th.
York City refuse customers are asked to be patient and to make special efforts during winter’s harsh weather to properly prepare all items placed for collection. Trash collection in good weather is a tough job. Wind, rain, snow and ice present many additional challenges for collection crews, often resulting in sprains and similar injuries, frostbite and even worse. Additionally, collections in inclement weather will take longer and crews begin work as early as 6 a.m. and may be collecting as late as 9 p.m.
What you can do to help…
• Place all trash in securely tied, heavy-mil bags (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds) or place tied bags in trash cans with tight fitting lids (Max. 32 gals & 40 pounds).
• In case of snow, it is recommended that customers use dark colored bags so they are visible against snow covered ground.
• Uncover and clear a path to all items.
• In cases of heavy snow accumulation, place items on top of, or in front of snow piles directly along the collection route, so they are easily accessible by collection crews.
• In case of wind, consider using tied trash bags instead of trash cans that may blow into the streets before or after being emptied.
• Do not place unscheduled large-items or trash in excess of your bag limit. They will not be collected.
• Be sure all items are placed at the pick-up point by 6 a.m. the day of collection. Crews begin at 6 a.m. and will not return for items that are set out late.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!