Eligible businesses will be able to apply for funding beginning September 1, 2021
The City of York Department of Economic and Community Development will launch Round two of the Small Business COVID-19 Grant Program on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
Grant funds of up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible, for-profit small businesses located with the City of York, who are struggling financially because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds used for COVID-19 relief are federally allocated through Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) and must be used for eligible CDBG-related costs such as utilities, salaries/payroll, and rent/mortgage payments.
To be eligible for the Small Business COVID-19 Grant Program, a business must:
- Own a legally formed business within the city of York with 10 or fewer employees
- Earn $1 million or less in annual gross revenues
- Be current on all City taxes and CURRENTLY licensed as a business with the City of York
- Have been open and operating in the city as of 9/1/2020 or before as documented by the date of the business’ city operating license and by revenues earned in 2020.
- Be located within a low-income census tract
- Have not received any other CARES Act assistance for the business
While applicants may apply for up to $10,000, approved amounts will be based upon documented and proven need of the applicant. Businesses that have not received any COVID-19 relief funding are encouraged to apply.
“We have seen the devastating impact the pandemic has had on our businesses and our local economy; that impact has been multiplied for our small businesses,” said Director of Economic and Community Development, Nona Watson. “We want to grant funding to the businesses who need it most at this time and we are fortunate to be in the position to do that with existing COVID relief funding.”
Applications will be accepted September 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021, at:
For more information, please contact City of York Department of Economic Development, Sharee McFadden, Economic Development Specialist at email@example.com.View Application