Residents should listen to local radio and television stations or log on to the City’s website for announcements of a snow emergency.
The City of York reminds residents that live along a snow emergency route to move their vehicles as directed in the event a snow emergency is declared.
The Snow Emergency Routes Within the City Are as Follows:
- MARKET STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PHILADELPHIA STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CARLISLE AVE.
- QUEEN STREET, CITY LIMIT TO ARCH STREET
- GEORGE STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- PRINCESS STREET, CITY LIMIT TO CITY LIMIT
- DUKE STREET, JACKSON STREET TO NORTH STREET
- WEST KING STREET, SOUTH BEAVER STREET TO SOUTH GEORGE STREETS
- BEAVER STREET, NORTH STREET TO WEST COLLEGE AVENUE
When a Snow Emergency is declared, residents will need to move their vehicles from these streets. Residents may temporarily park their vehicle in certain parking garages for free during the snow emergency, but will be required to leave once the snow emergency is lifted. We ask that residents do not park in any space that is marked “Reserved.” Anyone who has not exited the garage by the end of the snow emergency will have to pay any fees incurred.
The Parking Garages Are Located at The Following Addresses:
- Market St. Garage – 41 E. Market St.
- King St. Garage – 15 W. King St.
- Philadelphia St. Garage – 25 W. Philadelphia St.
The City asks for the cooperation of all residents in moving their vehicles so City crews can plow snow in an effective manner.