The City of York is pleased to announce the beneficiaries of the Nonprofit Economic Recovery Grant Program funded by the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) under the American Rescue Plan Act. This program aims to support 501(c)3 and 501(c)19 nonprofit organizations that have faced negative economic hardship resulting from or exacerbated by the COVID-19 public health emergency. The program provides grants of up to $45,000 cap amount, and to the extent applicants can demonstrate their negative economic impact through the application process, to help nonprofits recover and continue to serve the York community.
After a thorough review process, the Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) will award (20) nonprofits, totaling $753,031. The beneficiaries represent diverse sectors and services, including arts and culture, education, health and human services, and youth development. The complete list of beneficiaries is available below.
The city recognizes that there is still a high demand for financial assistance among 501(c)3 and 501(c)19 nonprofits. Therefore, it will launch a second round of the grant program, as there is still $246,970 available from the initial allocation of $1 million. The second round will open on January 22nd at 3 p.m. and close on February 26th, 2024 at 3 p.m. The eligibility criteria and application process will remain the same as the first round. Priority will be given to nonprofits that have not already received an award or were not awarded the full cap amount from the first round. Interested nonprofits are encouraged to visit the city website for more information and to apply online.
The City of York appreciates the significant contributions made by nonprofits to improve the quality of life and well-being of its residents, particularly during these difficult times. The city congratulates the first-round winners and encourages eligible nonprofits to apply for the second round. For more information about the program and the application process, please visit www.yorkcity.org/grants
Round One Grant Beneficiaries Listed in Alphabetical Order
- Creating Opportunities in Neighborhood Environments, Inc. (CONE)
- DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre
- Keystone Kidspace
- Logos Academy
- Northeast Neighborhood Association
- Stick N Move Boxing Inc.
- The Heart of God International Church
- Theatre Arts for Everyone
- True Bread Community Church d.b.a Generations Worship Center
- United Way of York County, PA (USA)
- YMCA of the Roses
- York Area Development Corporation d.b.a Affordable Housing Advocates
- York City Parks Conservancy
- York County Food Bank
- York County SPCA
- York Day Nursery Inc. d.b.a York Day Early Learning
- York Fresh Food Farms
- York Habitat for Humanity
- York Union Rescue Mission, Inc. d.b.a LifePath Christian Ministries
- Young Women’s Christian Association of York (YWCA York)
For questions, please contact: NPgrantsupport@yorkcity.orgLearn More